We launched garden glamping during the 2020 season, when summer looked very different for us all. We put some of life’s big events on pause – holidays, weddings and celebrations. We temporarily said goodbye to small moments of connection, like having a cuppa with our parents or sitting in a cafe for hours drinking coffee while we pretend not to listen to the conversation on the next table 🙂
We’ve pressed stop. None of us planned for this and many of us face new challenges; job losses, financial strain, working from home, juggling childcare with work, and worst of all, losing loved ones. We are all muddling our way through these unusual times, adjusting our rhythms and lifestyles in response to this pandemic.
Our homes have become more important than ever. I couldn’t be more grateful to have a garden, I think we are all appreciating this space now more than ever, noticing nature and the seasons unfurl around us. That’s why we have decided to continue to offer garden glamping hire in 2021. While we can’t travel or go to festivals (just yet!), we can camp out in our gardens and create fun memories with our families. For those celebrating an isolation birthday, anniversary or are in desperate need of a date night, this could be just the thing.
Now that things are opening up again, and international travel isn’t an option, our minds are turning to UK adventure. We can offer this service at local campsites, with their permission. I’ve shared a few tips here on how to camp and plan for a comfortable trip under the canvas this summer.
GARDEN GLAMP-OUT – THE DETAILS
HOW IT WORKS:
Contactless: Your glamping experience will be arranged and paid for via an online booking form.
In order for us to set-up safely, we require a side or back access for delivery and collection. We cannot go through your house.
We will agree timings in advance and I will be wearing a mask and gloves. Please ensure all gates are open before arrival.
To keep us all safe we ask all household members to leave the garden during installation and removal. We usually love a chat, but in this instance, let’s keep things simple and ensure zero contact.
When finished we will call to let you know the tent is ready when we have left the site.
Unzip and enjoy a weekend of glamping within the safety of your home.
WHAT AREAS DO WE COVER?
Stroud and surrounding villages, Cirencester, Tetbury & Cheltenham. If you live just outside these areas, drop us a line, and we’ll let you know if we can help.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Foam bed (double) Foam fold out bed (singles)
- Fitted sheet on each bed.
- Full coir matting carpet
- Bed side tables
- Vanity mirror
- 3 x LED battery lamp
- Hot water bottles
- 2 x chairs
- Floor cushions
- Crate table with cushions for an outside picnic area
Full bedding and linen can be supplied depending on your preference. No additional charge. Unlike a festival, it’s not too far to carry stuff, so you might like to bring your own duvet and pillows with you for comfort.
2 NIGHT HIRE:
Couple (1 x double) £150
Family (1 x double & 3 x single) £200
If there are four of you in your family, we will remove the extra bed to give you more space to play.
Additional nights @ £25 per night
ABOUT YOUR GARDEN..
Lulubells require side or back access, an area of 7M in diameter to pitch safely. Tents pitched on grass only. If you are unsure of the space you have, please send us pictures.
We cannot pitch tents directly underneath a tree, in case of damage to the canvas.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
At Lulubells we always put the health, safety and enjoyment of our guests first. Here’s what we are doing to make sure your glamping experience with us is supported and safe. To protect you and us.
- All soft furnishings and linen will be washed at 60 degrees and above.
- The tent floor, poles and zips will be sanitised between hire with disinfectant. All removable items (chairs, tables and mirrors) will cleaned with antibacterial wipes
- Lulubells team member will wear a mask and gloves during set-up and dismantle.
- We ask for all members of the household to leave the garden on arrival to enable us to set-up safely.
- Contactless payments; all payments will be made online via our website.
- If anyone has any symptoms, including sore throat, temperature, cough in advance to your booking, please notify us immediately to rearrange a date, or to cancel. Cancellation fees are waived for this offering, and you will receive your money back in full if you can no longer make it due to ill health.
Please get in touch to enquire about availability.