One of the events I was most looking forward to this summer was Glastonbury, I know I’m not alone when I say this annual pilgrimage fills my soul for an entire year. I even loosely planned pregnancy to coincide with the fallow year, sshh don’t tell my husband. Collectively we are all feeling so much and any festival fan would do anything to capture just a small dose of the Glastonbury spirit right now. My best mate and I were chatting about how we could celebrate the festival at home, in our gardens, and that’s when I found the group “Glasthomebury” and realised that other people feel exactly the same 🙂 We are not alone.
This year is the festivals 50th anniversary and to celebrate they have joined up with BBC to share musical moments on TV so everyone can be part of it safely from home. With so much coverage on BBC and lots of live sets being uploaded to YouTube directly, the Glasthomebury group are encouraging people to festival at home and will be raising money via a Just Giving page to donate to those affected by Covid-19.
Pitch a tent, hire a projector, bring the speakers outdoors and stream the BBC official coverage, get your fancy dress box out, put your wellies and poncho on, (wouldn’t be Glasto without a little mud), make a flag and sit back in your garden with a cold cider and enjoy the experience. And if you’re not totally over Zoom by now, a group of you could have a virtual festival camp out together, and share in the experience.
With this in mind, we are offering a “Glasthomebury” Glamping for those living in Gloucestershire and will donate 25% of profits to the chosen charity.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Foam bed (double) Foam fold out bed (singles)
- Fitted sheet on each bed.
- Full coir matting carpet
- Bed side tables
- Vanity mirror
- 3 x LED battery lamp
- Hot water bottles
- 2 x chairs
- Floor cushions
- Crate table with cushions for an outside picnic area
- Festival fun pack:
Full bedding and linen can be supplied depending on your preference. No additional charge. Unlike a festival, it’s not too far to carry stuff, so you might like to bring your own duvet and pillows with you for comfort.
2 NIGHT HIRE:
Couple (1 x double) £170
Family (1 x double & 3 x single) £220
If there are four of you in your family, we will remove the extra bed to give you more space to play.
Additional nights @ £25 per night
HOW IT WORKS:
Contactless: Your glamping experience will be arranged and paid for via an online booking form.
In order for us to set-up safely, we require a side or back access for delivery and collection. We cannot go through your house.
We will agree timings in advance and I will be wearing a mask and gloves. Please ensure all gates are open before arrival.
To keep us all safe we ask all household members to leave the garden during installation and removal. We usually love a chat, but in this instance, let’s keep things simple and ensure zero contact.
When finished we will call to let you know the tent is ready when we have left the site.
Unzip and enjoy a weekend of glamping within the safety of your home.
ABOUT YOUR GARDEN..
Lulubells require side or back access, an area of 7M in diameter to pitch safely. Tents pitched on grass only. If you are unsure of the space you have, please send us pictures.
We cannot pitch tents directly underneath a tree, in case of damage to the canvas.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
At Lulubells we always put the health, safety and enjoyment of our guests first. Here’s what we are doing to make sure your glamping experience with us is supported and safe. To protect you and us.
- All soft furnishings and linen will be washed at 60 degrees and above.
- The tent floor, poles and zips will be sanitised between hire with disinfectant. All removable items (chairs, tables and mirrors) will cleaned with antibacterial wipes
- Lulubells team member will wear a mask and gloves during set-up and dismantle.
- We ask for all members of the household to leave the garden on arrival to enable us to set-up safely.
- Contactless payments; all payments will be made online via our website.
- If anyone has any symptoms, including sore throat, temperature, cough in advance to your booking, please notify us immediately to rearrange a date, or to cancel. Cancellation fees are waived for this offering, and you will receive your money back in full if you can no longer make it due to ill health.
Please get in touch to enquire about availability.